12.31.2011

A DIY Christmas

Some things are just too fun NOT to share...

Like these stockings made by yours truly...


               Not too bad for my first time working with felt and stockings!

 These pencils ordered from Explicitly Yours...

Warning: Don't make the mistake of believing that because a pencil has colorful wrapping that the lead is also colorful... You will feel really stupid afterwards. Trust me in this.

and....

THIS SHIRT!

I call it... 
The Chalk Shirt
 It's inception came about as the result of a bad joke after my unsuccessful attempt to convince my husband's friends how cool chalk vinyl is.
To help prove my theory I made the doubtful friend a shirt that I hope will for ever live on in Christmas Gift History.

It was a very easy project and just in case you decide you to ever make The Chalk Shirt yourself one day I'll show you how to make one!


Instructions
First, you need all THESE things:

-1 washed shirt
-Fabric Glue
-Chalkboard Vinyl
-Scissors
-Pencil 
-Chalk
(and something to place between the front of the shirt and the back so you don't end up gluing your shirt shut)

Second, trace out the chalk bubble you would like to appear on your shirt on the vinyl (make sure the image is the opposite of what you want to appear on the shirt)

Third, decide where you want the bubble to go and trace along the outside of the bubble on the shirt (for correct placement after you apply the fabric glue)

Fourth, place protective layer between front and back of shirt and apply glue to the back of the chalkboard vinyl (make sure you take off any backing there might be on the vinyl)

Finally, Set onto shirt and let dry!



It's so cool I might have to make one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Pleas? Drop them right here.